December 10, 2009

New update from Jackie – I had a wonderful trip to see my family. The Southwest flight only went to St. Louis but I needed to get to the Peoria area, so my sister Ruth drove 150 miles to pick me up and then drove me back. That was a long drive but there was a definite upside for me – after my plane landed and before we left I had a chance to visit some of my friends at Enterprise. I have only been gone since early September, but it feels like I’ve been gone a year! It was great to visit with friends and catch up on things. I do love those Enterprise folks!

And the visit with my family was a very good one. Mom recently broke her shoulder but she is recovering, and she visibly improved every day I was there. I also got to spend time with my sisters and one of Randy’s sisters. And on Monday my friend Dezina picked me up and drove me back to the St. Louis area to spend the night at her place so we could have a long visit before my Tuesday flight! It feels wonderful to have friends and family who will go out of their way for me! And just as an added perk it was cold and snowing there so I could also appreciate coming back to Arizona. Unfortunately it's cold here too, but at least it's not as cold as Illinois.



Back home I found that Randy was very busy in my absence. Not only had he kept up the Blog, but he also cleaned out the kitchen grout and waxed the shower door. This area has very hard water and it has been spotting the shower door, but waxing it fixed that problem.

We are continuing to decorate the RV. Here's the latest look...




Tonight we went over to one of the Park’s common rooms to play Bingo. They use a few rules here I'm not familiar with…for example, they say that a “regular” bingo is a row up, down or across (which I expected) as well as “postage stamp” and “four corners". And the one time we actually got Bingo, we were disqualified because we called it after the caller had moved on to another bingo ball. Apparently here Bingo only counts if it’s called immediately after the call that concludes the pattern – you can’t call it if another ball has already been called. I may not be cut out to be a Bingo champion...

No comments:

Post a Comment