Tuesday January 12, 2010

What a day! I spent most of the day painting a building here at the park. Painting is not one of my favorite things to do but I still spent all day at it.

We are planning a Tag-a-long this Sunday to go to Old Tucson Studies. At the studios I believe there were over 300 movies made and many television series. Many of the movies had some of our favorite actors and actresses. One such is John Wayne. One of the television series shot there was High Chapparel (questionable spelling). I hope we have about 20 people but who know how many will be willing to get up and drive over an hour.

Tonight we had a guest singer at the park. Her name is Sarah Getto. She is blind and haas been since birth. She sings, plays the piano, violin and other instruments. Some of her work includes many of the songs from the Karen Carpenter era. She is very good and well worth a listen. She has a web site at www.sarahgetto.com. Check it out, you will definitely enjoy it.

This is short. I hope you will forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment