September 11, 2011

I am not going to dwell on the 10th anniversary of 9-11.  I watched just enough coverage to know that I can't revisit it yet.  Maybe after another 10 years...


So on to other things.  We are now camped in Campbellsville, Kentucky.  It's a small town in a rural area; the nearest "big" town is Elizabethtown, about 45 miles away.  The roads are pretty good, and they are lined with green forests or big dairy farms.  There are also large, stately houses set back from the road, with immaculately manicured lawns.  Huge lawns, too - it must be someone’s full time job to keep them so tidy.  I think I prefer the forests.
Campbellsville is located in a “moist county” - that’s a new phrase in our vocabulary.  It means that alcohol cannot be bought in a store but some restaurants can serve it.  Go figure!  
We are parked in Heartland RV park, which is basically a gravel parking lot.  It does have full hookups and WIFI, but no cable TV, and the only local stations we can get are Public TV.  Cable TV doesn’t matter much when staying a couple of nights, but if we spend the winter here, it could get pretty boring.  
On the other hand, there are several interesting things in Kentucky.  Fort Knox is here, and the Abbey of Gethsemani.  And there is a local tour of 6 bourbon makers - that should be fun!  And this seems to be a pretty good place for a lot of fall festivals.
Recently I have been afflicted by a fit of cleaning.  For some reason I actually want to spend part of every day cleaning, or organizing, or fixing up.  This is the first time that’s happened to me in 50-plus years so as you can imagine, there is a lot of cleaning, organizing and fixing waiting to be done!  This should keep me occupied for awhile.
Yesterday was a lovely sunny day, but our neighbors said it rained all last week.  And this morning the rain came, and it stayed all day.  I know there are parts of the country that would love to have rain - I hope they get some of ours!



No comments:

Post a Comment