A wonderful day

I had such a good day today.  Randy and I worked at the Snack Shack during lunch and it was fun because we had a lot of customers.  Then we biked over to Coligny beach.  The sun was shining but it turned out to be too windy for the beach, and Randy got a little sand-blasted when he tried to lay out.  But I really enjoyed walking along the shore.  This beach is all hard-packed sand and usually there are almost no shells around, but today when the tide was out I found several Olive Snails.  I usually just find the beautiful shells, but all of these still had the snail in residence, so of course I left them alone.  

I could see where they had been moving around since the tide went out, leaving little gullys in the sand.
One of them kept poking out of his shell to check  what was going on around him.  I have never seen these little critters moving like this before.
 If this video loads, it shows him moving around.
After I was done being amused by the Olive Snails, we bicycled back to the RV Park.  This park really does deserve to be called a Resort; what a beautiful place to some home to!
There was still a little afternoon left, so I laid out by the pool awhile, then moved to the hot tub.  What a great day!

Two years ago: Visiting St. Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment