Dumb Moments - good and bad July 14, 2013

Edging up to the back of our RV site is the Resort's beautiful lake.  This is a not a swimming lake, it's a catch-and-release fishing lake.   
The main reason it's not a swimming lake is because this is the South, and in the South, water generally equals alligators.  Ours is not full grown, but he's not a baby anymore.
Unfortunately the reason I can get close enough to take his picture is because at least one person in the Resort has been feeding him ...they say they are feeding the turtles, but it amounts to the same thing.  And a fed gator is usually a dead gator.  The Critter Control people want to catch-and-release him, but they have to catch him first, and he is avoiding them soooo easy.  I hope he gets a dumb moment and gets captured.
I had my own dumb moment yesterday - when I biked over to the Snack Shack, I fell off my bike.  I just lost control somehow and laid it over.  My right knee took most of the fall - it immediately got a big purple mark and had a dent in the middle of it.  I put ice on it right away and after 30 minutes the purple disappeared.  The dent  stayed longer, but today it is almost normal.  I keep finding other scrapes and bruises where I hit against the bike on the way down.  But as falls go, it was not too bad.  Unfortunately I am now very hesitant to get back on the bike.  I know I have too, but it just isn't very appealing.  I thought I was invincible, and I'm not!

Two years ago: I ♥ New York

No comments:

Post a Comment