Girl Time!

There are two other Workamper couples here at the Resort right now, and the ladies and I have been trying to schedule some "girl time".  Today all the schedules lined up and we were able to spend all day goofing off together.  There are several thrift stores in the area, so we went to some of those.  Brenda, our new Activity Directory, will start having Tea Parties in December; I was not going to get involved this time around (it's a fair bit of work) but once I got into a Thrift Store, I started looking for Tea Pots.  And I found a couple of lovely ones - I may be hooked again!  All of us found a little something we liked, including bargain Christmas ornaments.  When we got tired of shopping, we went to lunch at the Bluffton Oyster Company's Family Seafood House, where I finally got some fresh May River raw oysters!  Norma and I also split a fish sandwich with sweet potato fries; Brenda doesn't care for raw oysters, so she chose the Shrimp Po'boy.  After lunch we were done thrifting, so we checked out a few regular stores in the area, including Fresh Market.  Fresh Market is a little bit similar to Whole Foods, although it's much smaller.  But you can find interesting, high quality goodies there, so we had a great time.  It was so nice to relax, after the past couple of days.

One year ago:  Shorty joins the family
Two years ago:  Changeable Florida
Four years ago:  Parachuting - a spectator sport for me

No comments:

Post a Comment