And a long day....

I wanted to help at the auction today. The helpers met at 7:30 this morning... When Randy wants to get up early, he just tells himself "I have to get up at X time" before he goes to sleep, and it always works for him. So I told myself "I have to get up at 6:30 am".  I woke up every hour, on the hour until 3 am, when I skipped an hour and woke up at 5. But I made up for skipping 4 am by waking up every 20 minutes after that. I finally got up at 6:30, with a lesson well learned - SET THE ALARM.

I staggered out to meet the rest of the folks at the Assembly building, where they showed me how to use the Auction computer program. It's actually a pretty good program so no problems there, except when the credit card machine ran out of paper during a transaction. But still, it could have been a lot worse. After the auction started we still had a few people checking in until early afternoon, when some folks started checking out. They gave us their card number and we gave them their bill. After they paid, they went outside to the bullpen (just a big area under a tarp) where tables were set up with sold lots on them. Each card number had a specific spot, but some people bought enough stuff to take up a whole table or two. I switched from the computer to the bullpen to help there as more and more people were ready to leave. There were a few snags - items charged they didn't buy, or items they bought that were not charged. But eventually everyone got their stuff and left. Meanwhile Randy spent the day setting up tables, cooking in the kitchen, and breaking down tables. We are whipped tonight. Randy fixed me a burger and he had leftover pizza, then we walked down to the bonfire to visit with friends. And then the night was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment