Roses!

The main business of the Museum is gas and steam engines but they have a lot of social events, too, and like to keep the grounds looking nice. There are several rose bushes about so I have been able to indulge my love of flower gardening by weeding, mulching and watering them. While much of the country is under a foot of snow, we have roses blooming!
California is still in a drought so I have to be sparing with the water but by watering just at the roots, I can still get gorgeous roses. None of these are old-fashioned roses so they don't have that heavy scent I love, but they are still beautiful.

Parked nearby is the old car that was being driven around on Sunday. I think this is my new favorite. The engine is stripped down to just the bare minimum and what is there, is dented and rusty, but by golly, it runs!
And who needs a steering wheel, or floorboards, or even a seat?

2 years ago: Krewe Parades in New Orleans
6 years ago: Fun in Mexico


No comments:

Post a Comment