Gem and Mineral Show finds

The Gem and Mineral Show is at the Museum this weekend. I have all the rocks I need but I still had to go look at the beautiful things on display. I wasn't going to buy anything, but then I found these rocks shaped exactly like bars of soap, and for some reason I just had to have one.
Shortly thereafter I was talking to someone about creme brûlée, and a few stalls over I saw these little  citrine minerals that sort of look like creme brûlée. Suddenly I had to have a mineral that sort of looks like creme brûlée.
Once I got in that frame of mind, it was a short jump to getting a little dolomite crystal, just the size of a petit four, with pink "sugar" crystals on top.
And some small orange calcite, looking so much like crystalized ginger. 
And a shark tooth, looking nothing at all like food, but just so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment