Summergrass San Diego Bluegrass Festival - day 2 with Becky Buller

Patti and Teresa were in the food court kitchen at 7 am but I didn't make it there till almost 8. That's OK, I wasn't cooking anyway. But there were salads to make and go-fering to do, so I kept busy. When I took a short break and went to the RV, I found Randy working on the sewer line again. He had dug the whole trench open and removed the old, broken pipe. Ken and Randy went to Home Depot to get new pipe and I went back to help in the kitchen again. Later we needed some supplies brought over from another building. Usually one of the guys does that for us but when Patti couldn't find them, she realized they were probably standing around our RV, watching the project. I went over there and, sure enough, there were several guys there. One of them promptly went to get the supplies but I stayed to help Randy a little. The new pipe had been connected and laid in.
The next job was to cover it. Ken got a loader and brought a couple of loads of rock for us. As he was doing that we hosed it down, to help the rocks and dirt get under the pipe and support it. 
Then we said enough of that project for one day. After working just a short time outside, I needed to take a shower before returning to the kitchen. I worked in the kitchen on and off all day, but since they had enough for the 6 pm rush, I went outside to look through the vendors' booths. 

Suzanne took over Patti's part of the kitchen at 7 pm, serving home-made apple and peach crisps that she and Randy had baked earlier in the day. I worked at the window for over an hour until the late rush was over. Then I went to find Randy at Teresa's RV, with Ken and Patti. They had already had dinner but they left some roast beef, potatoes and gravy for me. 

It was dark when everyone went their separate ways and Randy headed to our RV for bed, but I wanted to hear the music at the bandstand. I got there just as the last act was tuning up. I have never heard of Becky Buller before, but I love her. She has a mane of curly auburn hair, a southern accent (despite being originally from Minnesota), mad fiddling skills and a pure, strong voice. Her songs ranged from love-gone-wrong to gospel, and she wrote most of them. Bluegrass reminds me of my Dad; he would play country stations on the radio late at night, and they mixed in a lot of Bluegrass, plus he was a good mandolin player. Becky was backed up by 4 guest musicians and they were all extremely talented. I will definitely get some of her CDs!

No comments:

Post a Comment