"Doo doo doo, lookin' out my back door"

Shades of Creedence Clearwater Revival - looks what's out my back door!
We recently pulled a bunch of weeds out of the canal and instead of bagging them while they're wet, we are letting them dry first. I'm not sure if that what made this guy think about sunning himself here, but here he is, large as life!

He's mid-sized, so Randy named him "Appetizer".

I cannot say how much I love living somewhere where this happens. If Shorty or someone is hurt by an alligator, I will feel differently, of course. But whether or not we see them hanging around, we know they are here and we are always very careful when taking Shorty out or walking to the side or back of our property.  It's their home too. I hope they never disappear!  


No comments:

Post a Comment